When burning your scented candle for the first time allow the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will ensure an even burn throughout the candle and will avoid what is known as tunnelling, where only part of the wax melts, creating a shorter burn life. Soy wax has a lower melting point than other waxes, thats why they throw the scent so well and last longer than others.
Before each burn it is essential to ensure you have removed any unnecessary wick, trimming the wick to approximately 1/4 inch. This is really easy and can be done simply by pinching the burnt wick away with your fingers, before it is lit of course. This will also ensure the candle doesn't give off any nasty black smoke.
When lighting the candle make sure that no wick trimmings or used matches are in the wax, always burn your candle on an even and fire resistant surface and ensure that it is away from flammable items.
Never burn the candle for longer than 4 hours at a time and when extinguishing the glass will be hot so please be careful.
When the candle wax is down to 1/2 inch please discontinue use, you can reuse the vessel as a plant holder or desk organiser should you so wish.
Always burn your candle within sight, away from drafts and never leave it unattended. Please keep it out of reach of children and pets.